We have been in a dinner rut. We tend to make our favorites over and over again. A friend recommended Blue Apron recently and sent me a free week to try it. We received our first delivery yesterday. It arrived earlier than anticipated which was a welcome surprise as it was in time for dinner. I was excited to try something new.
I made General Tso’s Chicken, something I would not likely make on my own. My son was happy to help.
- They provided 99% of what is needed and there is no waste. For example, they included just two scallions
- The directions were easy to follow
- It arrived nicely packaged and labeled
- It forced us to try something new
- It is more steps than this home cook is used to. However, I liked learning new skills that I can apply to other dishes.
- My boys (6 years old and my husband) can be picky. However, we did eat everything.
- The ingredients are not organic
The two portion size worked for my small family. I skipped the sauce for my son and I skipped the rice (which I would have done anyway). I plan to try other services. I am also looking at how to better plan meals for the week. Please comment with any menu ideas and strategies that work for you.
One thought on “Trying on a Blue Apron”
Have you found companies that do organic ?