About a month ago I wrote about a hair game changing SHHHOWERCAP in this post. I have been testing and trying a variety of dry shampoos for the last month. Dry Shampoo is the other half of my time saving, blowout saving strategy. The right one applied correctly can extend the life of a blowout for a few days. I only wash my hair one to three times a week, typically twice.
- Rahua Volumizing Dry Shampoo – It is a light powder that absorbs into the scalp and hair easily. The sent is subtle. I really liked the result. The bottle and application take some getting used to. It does not leave a chalky finish, so you can go a couple of days longer after applying it
- Bumble & Bumble Pret a Powder – It is also a light powder that absorbs into the scalp and hair easily. The sent is also subtle. The result was great. I went an additional day beyond and could have gone one more day with a clean ponytail. The bottle is easy to use.
- Klorane Dry Shampoo with Nettle – This one is for oily hair. The spray is very easy to use. I typically only use a spray if I plan to wash my hair the next day. This one can last for a couple of days.
- Bumble & Bumble a bit blondish Hair Powder – I found the spray to be a bit heavy and the color was not a good match for me.
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray – This one gets rave reviews and I really like most Oribe products. It is good for adding texture to hair that has flattened over time, but does nothing to absorb oil. If you are not super oily, this is an easy one to use.
- R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo – This is another fan favorite. It just was not my favorite. I felt like the spray left a gunky layer and I definitely needed to wash my hair the very next day. In fact, I wanted to wash it later that day.
- R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste – This one had the most immediate impact. It is a paste and you put it on your fingertips and act like you are shampooing your scalp. It made my hair look instantly refreshed and gave it volume. However, the impact only lasted for a few hours. This would be a good choice for reviving your hair before an evening out when you want volume and a quick impact. Washing it the next morning will be required.
- Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo – Another spray that was not my favorite. I find powders easier to use, but I know a lot of people prefer sprays. Similar to the R+Co, I wanted to wash my hair pretty soon after.
Overall, my favorite powder is Bumble & Bumble Pret a Powder and my favorite spray is Klorane (they offer several varieties for different types of hair). I will also keep R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste on hand for that last minute wow factor at the end my blowout cycle.
Here’s to good hair days!